Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Little Bits

So, haven't been around in a while. That is because BIG, I tell ya, BIG things have been happening. So of course it makes sense that I wouldn't blog about them, because I just like to bore people about nothing instead of telling stuff that actually might be of interest. Yeah. But let me start with the not so big things, then I'll work my way up.

First~ following my surgery, we have been a little tight on money. By a little tight, I mean that when I got home yesterday A* had dumped out our two respective piggy banks and was counting out change. We came up with $13.50 in pennies. Tomorrow I will get a paycheck, but only for one week as opposed to the two week one I usually get. So we have been working hard to keep ourselves above water, and of course this causes some tension. Could it be because we can't afford to go anywhere, so we are forced to sit in our apartment and stare at each other? But there is light at the end of the tunnel, so I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and not mind too much that there hasn't been a carton of ice cream in the freezer for a whole week. A WEEK, people. But I'm not minding, see?

Second~ Recovery was going well, until yesterday when the front of my shirt suddenly bloomed blood. I called the doctor, who told me to come in right away. Of course, this caused A* to freak out, because he is like that, and he insisted that I pick him up at work first. We went to the doctor, who basically told us that we were being dumb. No, that's not really what he said. What he really said is that there is a build up of old fluid that is just now coming to the surface. What he meant, though, was God when are these people going to stop bothering me. So we went home, where I took off my sweatshirt and noticed another huge stain of blood. I felt too dumb to call the doctor back, though, so I put some Bacetracin on it and covered my chest with gauze, and so far so good. The funniest part of all of this is that A* took it upon himself to be my own personal doctor and needed to examine my incisions. First he laid on my lap and used a lighter to try and see. When I flinched because that flame was just a little too close to my skin, he got the brilliant idea to use a flashlight. So I sat on the couch trying to watch Dr. Phil and A* put on his miner helmet and went in with his flashlight. He examined every square inch of me, and pronounced me okay. Thank you Dr. A*.

Third~ Another reason we are broke? Is because we bought an ENGAGEMENT RING a couple weekends ago. It was such a good deal, we couldn't pass it up. I have been wearing it around the house with my pajama's on, but A* has some big surprise proposal plan that he refuses to give up, so I have to wait until the actual proposal to wear it. However, I couldn't keep my big mouth shut and everyone pretty much knows anyway. Which forced A* to talk to my dad on Sunday, because my mom can't keep a secret and she threatened to tell him before we did. How cute is that, though? A* took my dad outside and told him that he would like to have his permission to have my hand in marriage. As this was taking place, my mom, brother, aunt and I were trying to spy and hear what they were saying, but my brother leaned on the windowsill too hard and it crashed down with a huge BANG. Sleuths, we are not. Fortunately, my dad was very happy to give his permission. Not that I wouldn't have married A* without it, it was just a nice formal thing to do. My dad loves old fashioned stuff like that. So I have been prancing around "almost engaged" and telling everyone... including, now, the entire internet. Hi! I'm almost engaged! I have waited 3 long years for this ring, so it is a huge big deal. And gorgeous. And a diamond. Woo!

So that is what has been going on, in a nut shell. I am already having some issues with my mother about my (fictional, so far) wedding, but that will have to wait for another post. See, I told you, big things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home