Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Chickensh*t

Okay, I realize that the last four or five posts I've written have been all about my boobs. In fact, maybe I should change the name of this site to "The Great Boob Caper of 2006" or "Where's my Boob?" But seriously, this is like all that I think about. Even if I wake up in the middle of the night, I'll roll over and think... "In a couple more days I won't be able to sleep on my stomach for a while," or something like that. But today I thought of something. There is just NO WAY that I can chicken out now. Not now that I have told everyone in the free world that I am getting the surgery done. I have told friends, family, co-workers, the internet... I would be such a dork if I let all these people down. People are COUNTING on me to tell them all about my boobs. Or lack of, I guess. So I'm stuck, and there is no way out. I didn't say this before, but I did go and have a consultation once before, when I was about eighteen. I saw the doctor, the insurance company approved it, and everything was good. But when the doctor's office called me to schedule the date of surgery, I gave them a vauge, "Can I call you back?" and then I never did. Because I chickened out. I thought of someone cutting at me, at a very sensitive part of me, and I never called again. Until six years later, when the problem has only gotten worse, but now I have better insurance. Sigh. I should have just kept my big fat mouth shut.

In other news... my apartment is like a burning inferno in Hell. I swear, it is so hot in there I can't stand it. We are on the second floor, and A* thinks that the people below us still have on their heat, even though it has been in the 70's the last couple of days. I don't know what it is, all I know is that it was over 80 in there last night, and that was with a fan in the window and both windows wide open. I laid on the couch in a T-shirt and panted, and yelled at A* to "do something!" because I was going to melt. I hate sitting in a puddle of my own sweat, especially when the most taxing thing I did all night was change the channel when it was time for America's Next Top Model. A* had to make a trip out for some ice cream to ease my suffering. It helped, but just a little. I may (will) need more tonight.

And speaking of ANTM... does anyone else hate Jade as much as I do? That girl needs a serious attitude adjustment. I was so upset when she won the challange. I think she has an interesting look, but I just can't stand anything that comes out of her mouth!! Let me know if anyone shares this opinion... or am I the only one who will admit to this guilty pleasure?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home