Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Friday, December 09, 2005

My Very Own Christmas Miracle

Am feeling all warm and fuzzy inside today, thanks to the best surprise ever that I got last night. I don't know if you have read or not, but on one of my previous posts I told you all about how all of my Christmas decorations had been thrown away in the process of our move. I was very upset about it... I tend to be very sentimental about things, and in the decorations were some very cherished ornaments and stuff that had been passed on to me. So I was totally sad. Well, my mom said that she thought my grandma had a Christmas tree that A* and I could have, so that was at least one thing. I was just not looking forward to having to go out and buy an ass load of other stuff, like ornaments and lights and tree topper and household decorations, especially right around the holidays when money is a little tight. My mom said that she would stop over sometime last night to drop off the tree, and I told her that she could stop by anytime, that we would just be hanging out.

Around 6:30 there is a knock at the door. I opened it and there stood my entire family, plus a couple old family friends for good measure. I'm talking mom, dad, brother, 3 aunts, grandma, and the friends. They had brought the tree, ornaments, lights, candles, wreaths, decorations... everything you can think of. And food! They had each made one of my favorite dishes and brought it over, because as my mom said as she was sailing in the door... "We're having a tree trimming party!"

We had eleven people crammed into our tiny little apartment, and I loved every minute of it. We snacked and drank (my mom made me my own pitcher of Bloody Mary's and my dad had brought A* a 12 pack) and then everyone helped us assemble the tree, put the lights on it, and all the ornaments.

I have never felt so warm and loved in my entire life. Everyone that I love most in this world was there, and they were all so generous and giving. I mean, not to be sappy but this is what people are talking about when they say "The meaning of Christmas". I don't know how I will ever be able to let them know just how much this meant to me. I get a little teary eyed just thinking about it! Right now I feel like one of the luckiest people in the world because I have the gift of my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home