Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Monday, November 07, 2005

Birthday Weekend

Thursday, which was my real and honest to goodness birthday, was spent at home. A* and I decided to wait till the weekend to celebrate. The girls at work, though, decorated my desk and bought me an ice cream cake, some cute socks, and a plant. I didn't have the heart to tell them that any living thing that I touch will most likely die. A* called and said that he was going to stop and help a guy from his work pick up a cabinet before he came home. I exploded, yelling at him that it was my birthday and all I wanted to do was spend the evening with him and how dare he not come right home, blah blah blah. Turns out, as I found out later, he had planned on stopping to get me some flowers in order to surprise me. I felt so stupid. Can we say, open mouth and insert foot??
Friday I awoke long enough to puke, call off work and then was back in bed for the remainder of the day. A suspicious flu shot may have been the culprate, though the nurse who gave it to me swore that I would not get sick. It could have been the shot, or it could have been another virus, but whatever it was, I was out of comission for the day. I tried to blame my bitchy behavior from the day before on the illness, but no one bought it.
Saturday was "my" day. A* and I went to breakfast, went to the library to get me some new books (always one of my favorite activities), and then went... shopping!! I can't tell you the last time that I went shopping for myself. It was glorious. I haven't been able to find a winter coat for ages, and I finally got one. I got two new bras, which is a miracle in itself. I have rather ample breasts, and I have the hardest time finding bras that don't pinch me or have my boobs overflowing out of them or that don't leave huge dents in my shoulders. This was also the reason for not being able to find a coat... none of them would zip up over my boobs!! Sigh, but I finally found one. I also got four extremely cute pairs of underwear, fuzzy pink slippers, and Tinkerbelle pajama's. It was wonderful. Then A*, my best friend and I went out to dinner together. I have to tell you, I got the hugest cream puff I have ever seen in my life for desert. It was the size of a large dinner plate. Obviously, A* and I gave it the old college try, but even the pigs that we are couldn't finish that thing.
Sunday, a day that I should have spent doing the laundry that is right now waiting like the devil in the back of my car to go to the laundy place, my family came over to see my new apartment and then we all went out to lunch for my birthday. I heart my family. Laughter and good food ensued, and it was a great time for all. I always have a good time with my family, no matter what we do.
Now it is Monday, and that was my birthday weekend. I guess I go back to being just me now, as opposed to the Birthday Princess I was claiming to be last week.

But damn it, I am really, really good at being the Birthday Princess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home