Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Monday, October 17, 2005

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'm sure that really no one wants to hear about my weekend, but hey, I want to tell you! So I'm going to, because that is what you get to do when you are the Keeper of the Blog.
So Friday night we-- hmm, memory block, it is escaping me as to what we did on Friday. I know that it involved something with food... oh, yes. We went to A*'s idea of Heaven on Earth, which is a huge buffet that both of us can get for under twenty dollars. To A*, this constitutes the greatest deal in the world. He can eat to his heart's content and it doesn't cost him that much, either. Me, not so much. The bargins of buffets are often lost on me, as I only eat about fifteen foods in the world and so therefore the large array of food is irrelevant to me. I get the same thing everywhere. But A* was happy, and went home with a big grin plastered on his face and a large protruding stomach, so it was worth it.
Saturday we went and looked at apartments all day. And guess what... we finally found one that we like!! We are going to put money down on it tomorrow! Thanks, in no small part, to my father. We don't have enough money to put down until Friday, and my dad graciously agreed to loan us the money until I get paid. Yay, I heart my daddy. He calls himself the "Bank of Dad", which is queer but in a cute, dad-like way. The apartment (trying to restrain myself from calling it "ours" so as not to jinx, but it is hard) is beautiful, looks out into the woods and has lots of windows and a large bedroom with a cool diamond shaped huge window in it. I love love love it. Please keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't slip through our fingers.
Then we went to one of the dumbest haunted houses ever. A*'s sister's boyfriend won 4 tickets to this place, and all I can say is Thank God it was free because I would have been really pissed if I had actually paid money for this. Just as an example, one of the haunted "area's" was called The Haunted Woods or something equally creative, and we didn't even realize until we were done that we had been walking through the attraction the whole time. I don't know if it was the street running directly beside the "woods", or the lack of things jumping out at you, but whatever it was, haunted was not it.
Sunday was a marathon day of Laundry. We hadn't done any in two weeks, so there were baskets and baskets piled all over the house. A glutton for punishment, I also decided that we needed to wash blankets and comforters as well. I spent the majority of the day guarding dryers at the LaundryMat, and fiercely growling at anyone that dared to even look in my direction. I was going to get my laundry done, dammit! Don't stand in my way! When we got home, I was pleased (ha ha) to discover that A* had pulled out every single load from the dryer when they were not thouroughly dried. This made me very frustrated and I had to take a little break in the bathroom. Lucky (for him) we do have a working dryer, just not a working washing machine, so by the time I was calmed down A* was already throwing damp loads into the dryer. Saved.
Oh, and by the way, A* told me that he did NOT want us to get excited about the apartment yet, because he says that we can't get excited over things until they are actually happening. I have a hard time with this, getting excited the second something is even mentioned, even just in conversation. (don't you remember six months ago when you said that we might go there? well, i've been waiting and have been so excited for six months, so now you have to take me) Anyways, I have been trying to keep it together. However, as I stumbled out of bed this morning, I heard A* talking, and at first I thought he was talking to me, but really he was telling the cats all about their "new home", ie: the apartment I am not supposed to be excited about. I caught the tail end of him describing a staircase and how they can chase each other up and down all day. Not excited, my ass.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:35 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    I am totally guilty about getting excited before things happen to - so I will cross my fingers for you and the cats that it all does work out.
    My husband is the same way about buffets - they're his best friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home