Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Randomly Random

First, let me start by saying that I am very unhappy with my clothing choice for today. I was running extremely late this morning, mostly because I was sitting up in bed with my head propped in my hands alternating between sleep and trying to figure out an excuse as to why I couldn't go to work. Alas, I couldn't think of one, so I eventually had to get out of bed. Also, Belle was biting my toes, so I was getting a little annoyed. Then I went in the bathroom and sat on the toilet for an unimaginable amount of time, staring at the wall, still trying to think why I couldn't go to work. I still couldn't think of a good one, so I eventually got up and brushed my teeth. Well, by this time it was WAY past the time that I was supposed to be leaving the house. So I had to grab the first thing that I saw to wear that went with my navy blue pants, which I had already decided on wearing. I ended up with a strangely enormous shirt. I don't know why I even have this shirt, seeing as it makes me look pregnant. It hangs unattractively down in a clump, over the top of my pants. It is ugly, and I look like a white whale in it.

Secondly, A* and I are still looking for an apartment. This weekend we have to go and look at more places, because we decided to lower our expectations a little and came down in our price, so now we have a whole new rash of places. I just want to be done, moved and in a new apartment, preferably one that has the heat paid.

Third, we gave Belle a flea bath last night. She was not very happy about this. In fact, she flattened her ears down, widened her eyes, and began hissing and yowling in a very Pet Cemetary-like way. She bit A* in the hand and scratched him, then with a mighty cry she lurched towards me and swiped a couple places on my hand. I tried to keep her in tub, seeing as she was still covered in flea shampoo, but she flung out her deadly paw and put a puncture wound into my finger. We let her out of the tub and rubbed her vigourously with a towel, trying to get all the soap off of her. It was a traumatic experience for all involved.

Fourth, I am going out for a Girl's Night with my friend tonight, and the only thing that could make it better would be if I was allowed to go to the restaraunt in my pajamas. As it is, we will order a lot of food and make giant pigs out of ourselves, and gossip about anyone that has ever crossed our path. Fun and laughter will be had.

But first, I have to go home and change out of this god-awful shirt. What was I thinking??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home