Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Tuesday, November 01, 2005


We are done, done done moving!! It took all weekend, it took long hours, sweat and tears, but we are there. We didn't even start packing until Friday night, stayed up into the wee hours of the morning cramming everything we own in boxes, and were up again the next morning as the sun rose to take the first load over to the new place. By the time we got back again, reinforcements had arrived in the form of two of A*'s friends from work... or, as I like to call them, angels. Anyways, seven billion trips later we had everything at least IN the new house, but it was all stacked together in a big jumble of our lives in the middle of the floor. The next day we tackled the huge pile and were finally able to sit down. After that we hung up pictures and decorations, and then I felt like we were home. Can I tell you that I absolutely LOVE this new place. It is so cozy and homey, and smells yummily like vanilla, thanks to a new Glade Plug In. I am very happy. Things went so well, eerily well. I keep expecting the bottom to drop out, because nothing ever goes this well in our lives. I know that is a negative outlook, but with the way things have gone in the past I just have to expect it.

Moving injuries? Only two, both experienced by me, of course. The first took place in the Big Pack. I was on my hands and knees, pulling things out from under the bed, when my arm gave out and I toppled forward, smacking my head on the hardwood floor. A huge bump appeared and a mammoth headache. The second injury was when A* and I were trying to manuever our bed frame out of the door. Now, keep in mind that A* insisted there was no need to take the frame apart, that it would definitely fit through the door. Well, it didn't, and he had to take the front part off. When we were squeezing through the doorway, I got caught between the frame and the door and scraped a couple layers of skin off of my back. But I was fine! I rebounded! Because we were Moving!

Next time, I promise, not another rant about moving. I just wanted to let you all know that we did it, we're in and settled, and now we can get back to the regularly scheduled programming.


Post a Comment

<< Home