Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bits

• So that good news I was afraid of jinxing? Is that A* and I finally got a place, and we are trying to make a go of it. So far, so good, but then again it has only been a week. I did, however, forget just how many words that man can string together, and my blocking him out because I am watching an important reality show skills have been sorely depleted. Seriously though, I am very happy to have my (imperfect, crazy, mixed up) little family back together, and I LOOOOVE our new apartment. Or will once all of those boxes are unpacked, which should be sometime next year.


• The bad news along with the good news… my parents totally hate me and are “so disappointed” that I am back with my husband. Sigh. It is a long and complicated story, the hating, and I don’t feel like getting into that today, but it is discouraging to know that everyone at the family barbeque is discussing just how stupid you are and how much your husband sucks. Because I’m the only one that is allowed to say that my husband sucks. I am SO TIRED of arguing about this, and my choices, and how A* is the worst thing to ever happen to me ever and I am really just ruining my life by being with him. You know, that man that I chose to marry and be the father of my child. Now things are weird and uncomfortable between my mom and I, and my dad is out and out not speaking to me. Nothing could ever just go well.

• On Sunday morning C. got up at the ass crack and I heard him rummaging around in his room, but since the sun had just barely risen I was alright with letting him stay in there and amuse himself for a while. I opened my eyes to find him an inch from my face, breathing on me. When I sat up, I noticed that for some reason he now sported some bright blue hands. “C.” I asked, “why are your hands all blue?” Of course he told me that he didn’t know. I made the valid point that I hadn’t put him to bed with blue hands, so what happened during the night? He still didn’t know. I went into his room and saw a large blue spot on the carpet that matched his hands. He was following sheepishly behind me. “Well, I found this tube, Mommy. And I wanted to rub some on my belly, so I did, and then I rubbed some on my chest, but then I accidentally squirted some on the floor. And the tube is over here behind the couch because I threw it back there so I wouldn’t get in trouble.” The tube was that kid sunscreen that is colored when you put it on. Points for honesty and telling on himself, but I have to take some away for him not thinking of the fact that an inhuman color on his person would give his secret away.

• Last night C. was enjoying playing outside with some neighborhood kids and I took the dog out. The kids were fascinated by the dogs bathroom habits, and one little boy crouched down to watch even MORE closely. He grinned at me and announced, “That dog’s taking a dookie!” I’m glad I have someone around to let me know what’s going on. Kids are gross.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home