Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Monday, March 04, 2013

Violence in the Workplace

Wah wah, woe is me, I’m not gonna talk about how much my life sucks in this post…wait, I guess I kind of am, but it’s a DIFFERENT way that it sucks. So there.


So what is really sticking in my craw (what the hell does that expression mean? What is a craw and why are there things sticking in it? All I know is that my mom, who is a proud hillbilly, says this all the time) anyway, what is currently pissing me off--- my co-workers. I work with a really great group of people and most of the time I love them. I mean, I spend more time with these people than my own family, so it helps to get along. They make fun of me a lot, but my life and personality kind of lends itself to the ridicule, and I figure if they are still making fun of me then they still like me enough to pay attention. But as far as my whole relationship DRAH-MAH right now, well, it is just getting out of hand with the advice and the remarks and the telling me what I should do and the judgements and the *I* would do this in your place, it is getting really really old. And I know that I kind of started it by letting them know what was going on in the first place, but seriously when you come to work with your eyes swollen shut from crying so hard and a noticeable lack of a wedding ring and several overheard yelling conversations with your husband, they wanted to know what was going on. I truly tried to give an abridged version but that is just not how my mouth works; I mostly open it and then my entire life story falls out. But now I feel like punching someone in the face at least five times a day when I hear someone making a comment. Since I really love my job and want to keep it, punching someone is not an option. I try and make it seem like it’s not a big deal, like the whole ignore the bully and they will leave you alone theory, but it is not working so far.

Basically, this was just a long and winded post about how I want to punch several people in the face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home