Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ridiculous

A couple of random, odd things about me. I have some good news to share, but I won’t, because somehow in my mind I know that if I dare to whisper the words I will be jinxing the good news in some way and it won’t happen. This is one of the odd things. As my therapist said once, when I refused to talk about having a healthy baby when I was pregnant for fear of jinxing him, “Do you really think you’re THAT important to the universe?” And the answer is, yes, yes I do. So I need to be preparing for the good news, and making arrangements, but I have done nothing because to do these things would be ADMITTING THAT IT MIGHT HAPPEN, and then it won’t. I emailed my mom today and said “IF this happens…” instead of saying “WHEN this happens…” Once I am certain that the good thing is really and truly going to happen, I will share it.


Another weird thing? I SAVE everything because I always think there will be an instance where I will want that exact thing and I’ll be really pissed that I already used it. Case in point, every year when I would go trick or treating for Halloween, we would have to throw out the bag of candy from last year, because other than eating a couple token pieces of candy I would leave the rest of it in the cupboard, positive that sometime I would have an insatiable craving for candy and I would NEED that bag. Same thing with Christmas candy in my stocking, and Easter candy in my Easter basket. And guys, I love me some candy, I really do. I used to do the same thing to candles; I would never burn them because then eventually they would be gone and what if I really liked that candle? A* made me break this habit, though, mostly because he was tired of the boxes and boxes of unused candles he had to move every time we switched houses. I had one that was a gift my sophomore year of high school that I never touched. I also have some chapstick from the early 80’s, kept because I really liked the smell and thought that I may need someday. I realize this makes me seem like a hoarder, but it’s only certain things that I do this with. Off the top of my head I’m thinking candy, candles, books, make-up (which is really good for your skin when it is a hundred years old) and certain clothes.

You can never really know when you might need a year old Butterfinger, and of course they sell them NOWHERE and the only one in existence is in my pantry. I definitely need to save that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home