Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Obligatory Holiday Post

I sit here at my parent's house typing. There is a glass of red wine next to me, in a really cute wine glass that A* and I got for my parent's. A fire is roaring in the fireplace, my family is here, and I am happy. I have "the feeling", you know that one, where, just for a split second, things are right in the world. I feel very lucky and loved right now, and to me that is what Christmas is all about.

A* and I were up like little kids at about 6:30 this morning, and we ripped into our presents. We both did really well this year as far as the gift giving goes. We also got the babies some presents, too... new catnip toys and some wet food to eat. They found them right away under the tree... A* had wrapped them and put them in the corner, and as soon as we got up they made a beeline for them and carried the wrapped packages around in their mouths until we helped them open them. Buster also found the wonders of boxes, and spent the rest of the morning jumping in and out of empty ones.

Then we went to A*'s sister's house and had a mimosa (or three) and watched his nephew bounce around the room on an excitement high. He was still wearing his Fantastic Four PJ's. Man, I love that little guy.

Now we are at my parent's and I can smell the ham cooking. My family is talking loudly in the kitchen, the TV is blasting with a football game, and there is a radio playing somewhere too. It is loud and crazy and fun and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope that everyone is having as good of a Christmas as I am. Much joy and wonder to you and yours this season and for the rest of the year. Now go and pour yourself a nice glass of wine and enjoy the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home