Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Wrapping Garland around Your Head Makes it Itch

So my entire office is in a frenzy of cubicle decorating. I actually STAYED OVER last night to do my part in the joymaking process. Tomorrow, we will all be judged on who's area looks the best. Some people are getting violently competitive... one co-worker told me that we have to "kick some major ass." I am into the decorating, sure, who couldn't use a little more Christmas cheer, but geez, people, it is a cubicle. Get a grip!

In other news, I have been strangely bitchy and irritable lately. For the past three days, in fact. Poor A* has had to put up with it. Yesterday as soon as he planted his little butt in the seat I started yelling at him because he hadn't gotten out of work fast enough. In my defense, he KNOWS that I am coming at five, so why would you wait until 5:03 to start doing the things you need in order to leave? But, it really isn't his fault entirely. I don't know why I have been such a downer lately, but I'm hoping that is goes away soon.

I think that I am becoming unsatisfied with my life. I know that the whole friend going back to college thing has a lot to do with it. It just made me start thinking about how much I want to be able to go to school and have a career that actually means something to me. I don't even know what this career would be, but I know that it's out there and waiting for me. I have some ideas, but nothing definite. I don't really know what to do about this problem, though. I have to think some more on it, I guess. But really? When I think about it, all I think about is how jealous I am of all the other people that got to go, and then I get mad at them because I just KNOW they didn't appreciate it as much as I would, and it turns into a whole problem.

I still have not finished my Christmas shopping. I am tempted to call the whole thing off. Except I would still want to have my presents, because presents are the best things in the world... unless it is something gross that you don't like, but that is another story. Anyways, the whole family is done but I still have to get A* his stuff. The only time that I will be able to do this is on Christmas Eve Day, when only men will be out, panicking because they didn't get their wife or girlfriend as good of present as their friend did. <----- I think that is an inappropriate use of the English language, but I didn't know how else to word it. And THEN I have to wrap all of these presents. I'm giving everything away in trash bags this year, I think.

I am the Christmas princess~ see my garland crown??