Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bits

- My best friend had a baby boy on Monday night. He was 7.5 and 21 1/2 inches long, with a full head of curly black hair. He looks exactly like his dad. The Peanut and this new baby will be best friends too, because their mommies already decided that they have to be. Is it wrong that I am a little bit self satisfied because she is just beginning her journey of no sleeping and not knowing what the hell she is doing? Nah, misery loves company. Welcome, baby Matthew!

- I discovered a new song that I absolutely love, so I was very excited to download some more stuff onto my MP3 player. I put another four or five songs on it, and was so disappointed to realize that besides the original song, I don't really like any more of their songs. I was so pissed, because I thought that I had unearthed a new person for me to play obsessively over and over in my headphones.

- I take care of a ninety one year old woman, Miss Anna, in the mornings. The other day we were watching one of those dumb court shows and there were some lesbians on. Miss Anna was eating her breakfast when she turned to me and asked, "How do women have sex with each other, anyway?" How do you answer this question to someone who was born in 1917? I muttered, "Toys," and continued to wipe off the table. "Toys," she repeated to herself, and I just know she was picturing some train set or Lincoln Logs and trying to figure out just what the lesbians would do with them.

- Our bathtub drain is clogged, and there is a foot of dirty water laying in the tub. Last night I had to take a shower with my ankles buried in freezing cold filmy water. A* seems strangely unbothered by this, and has been halfheartedly plunging and pouring Draino in the drain. I wonder when he will actually do something. I also wonder why I don't just call the landlord myself and have her send for a plumber. Oh yeah, because I'm lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home