Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Friday, December 19, 2008

Pink Elephant

My husband and I are in the middle of ignoring the large pink elephant sitting right in front of us. We are not supposed to talk about Something, so all I think about is Something. I keep thinking of really funny, yet inappropriate, jokes about Something, and have literally had to bite my lips so as not to let them get out. A* is Very Sensitive about Something, and I can't keep my fucking mouth shut.

When I'm not supposed to talk about Something, I am thinking about it constantly. I want to FIX Something. I want to TALK ABOUT Something. How can Something be worked out if we are not talking and examining it in the smallest detail and talking some more and maybe worrying a little.... how can Something get better if I am forbidden to speak of it.

I don't want to hurt my husband's feelings. More than anything in the world. That is why I have to take out my frustrations here. A while ago, I made a tiny comment about Something, and A* looked at me like I had broken his heart. It broke my heart to have him look at me that way, and I have felt horrible and the worst wife ever since.

So we sit and don't look at the hugest pink elephant I've ever seen, even when it takes a giant shit on the floor and tries to eat the Peanut.

Or Something.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:02 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    Oh yes, I've been there before and know it well. You say it well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home