Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Friday, December 26, 2008

X-Mas Wrap Up

  • I found my Christmas spirit sometime in between the time we dressed the Peanut in his reindeer footie pajamas and my second glass of wine.
  • My grandfather gave my dad a ring, and he explained that one of the stones was from the Great Depression. My grandpa's brother was dying, and he took the diamond to the doctor. He told him that he would pay him back for his services as soon as he could, but just in case the doctor could hold the diamond for collateral. He did save the brother, and they did get the diamond back. Another stone was my great-great grandmother's engagement ring. My dad thought this was the coolest thing ever (we all kind of did) and the story kept getting more heart wrenching the more Scotch my dad consumed.
  • The best gift that I gave out this year was for A*, and it was only $5.99. It really is the thought that counts.
  • The Peanut was thoroughly disgusted with all the fuss and noise, and though he received more gifts than anyone, he did NOT deck the halls.
  • My cousin, who had never met the Peanut before, examined him coolly and said, "He's short, kinda."
  • I got to watch my nephew open his X-Box 360, and I have never heard a louder scream or seen someone race around a room as fast as that little boy. His joy was so big he couldn't contain it.
  • My mom gave the Peanut some books that were my favorites when I was a child, and the Peanut and I listened as she read them to us. I realized I am never too old to be read to by my mom.
  • Members of my extended family threatened to spend next Christmas at the following places... New York, a cruise, a ditch by the side of the road... but I know that they will all be back next year, bitching about the same things. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope everyone had a very Merry Holiday, and spent time laughing with those who are the most important to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home