Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Back in Some Kind of Effect

It has been years since I've posted to my blog... years!  What happened?  Life.  Lack of a computer.  Nothing interesting to write; no wait, that obviously doesn't matter.  But I didn't want to go through the whole intro process again, if you want to know who I am or what I'm about you can look through my archives instead.  Believe it or not, I've been writing since blogs were just gaining popularity.  Just think, I could be making MONEY by writing this now, if I would have persued it.  Maybe.  Or maybe I would just suck and no one would want to pay me money for writing.  I could be BFF with all the blogging greats and have cool places to travel to and cool people to meet!  Oh well, guess that's all wishful thinking and by now you may be thinking, hey, no wonder she stopped writing and I really don't care. 

So what has been going on in my long absence?  My precious baby boy isn't a baby anymore, he is four years old and sometimes not so precious at all.  Especially when he is asking me to repeat random phrases over and over and OVER again.  I don't know why this is enjoyable to him.  "Mom, say plate." "Plate." "Say it again." "Plate." "Say it again." "Plate." "Say it again." "No." "SAY IT, SAY IT!"  He has a mop of unruly hair and a perfectly rosebud shaped mouth and is full of opinions and his own point of view. 

A* and I are still married, and I guess now I can say happily.  We went through an extremely dark time over the summer, and I really thought that it may be it for us.  I actually signed a lease on an apartment that was to be just for my son and I, but luckily we worked things out and are now all living together for the most part contentedly.  We went to marriage counseling a couple times but it turns out we just needed to really examine some things about our relationship and my husband was suffering from some serious depression.  We like to spread it out in our family.  He's a lot happier now and in turn we are all getting along a lot better.  Even my son was feeling the effects; talk about guilt. He kept asking me why we were yelling at each other, and I honestly thought that we were doing a good job of hiding the stress from him.  But based on a couple things he said and his behavior, it was obvious that he is a lot smarter than we give him credit for and sensed that SOMETHING wasn't right in his world.  Thank God all that's over.  Hopefully our marriage will be even stronger now that we've come out on the other side together.

Now you're all caught up!  Not really, but you have the gist.  You have the important players.  I'm going to try and post a lot more and hopefully get some readers back in effect!  God I'm such a dork.  That certainly didn't change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home