Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Friday, August 25, 2006

Jumble

After the last entries total depressed feel, I figured I would give you something a little more cheerful to read. Besides, I didn't put a title on the last one and it shows up weirdly with the first sentence, so I had to put something else up there. So I present to you, the past two weeks, in a not very original form.

* A*'s birthday, despite my not having a present for him and feeling extremely guilty about that, actually turned out to be really fun. The first celebration took place at his sister's house, and A*, his sister, his mom and I sat around and drank lots and lots of boxed wine and beer, played some cards, and then at around midnight, with all that alcohol coursing around in our system, we decided that we needed to go dancing. And dancing we did, till we closed the bar. It was great. Highlights of the evening were A*'s mom shouting out, "Jose!" at regular intervals because she was drinking margaritas, A* running into a car dealer in the bathroom, and me sitting in a large puddle when I went outside the bar to get some air.
* What was not so nice was when I woke up the next morning with my head pounding and threw up all that boxed wine. Not recommened.
* A*'s second birthday celebration was at my parent's house. My dad cooked him a nice fat steak on the grill (his favorite) and we all sat around the table and talked wedding plans. Not so nice was when my dad yelled that it was "Bullshit!" that I voiced maybe wanting my brother to walk me down the aisle. So nice when my dad went on to say that he knows in his heart who my dad is, so if the bio dad wants to walk me too, that's okay.
* The car, oh the car! I love it. It is so nice going out in the morning for work and not having to say prayers, kiss the engine, hit anything with a hammer... it just starts. Nice.
* A* made a trip to the emergency room when his face swelled up to twice it's size and his tooth hurt him so badly that he almost passed out. I watched in fascination as a huge needle loaded with lydocaine went into his gums. Wal-Green's all night pharmacy so that we could get some Vicodin was great.
* A* finally made it to the dentist, and it turns out that two of his three remaining wisdom teeth need to come out, but as of right now the infection in his mouth is too bad for them to do it, so they killed the nerve and he will have to go back in two weeks. With $265 because his company does not provide dental insurance.
* Still got that weight on my chest, but am trying as hard as I can not to let it bother me like it was. Made me feel better when I heard that a friend and her husband, whom I thought were doing great, got their electric shut off, as horrible as that sounds. I just felt better knowing that we are not the only ones struggling.

There, now we're all caught up. On tap for this weekend... a drive by of a wedding that my BFF was a part of, but is now not a part of, and some sick part of her wants to see things, a trip to the grocery store, and a thourough cleaning of the apartment. Some things in the fridge have probably already sprouted their own legs and are walking around torturing the cats right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home