Little Bits of Pixie Dust

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thourougly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Return

I was looking back over this blog because I was going to delete it. I hadn't written anything in forever, I thought that no one read it anyway, and what was the point? But I wanted to see what I had wasted all my time on for those couple of years, so I decided to go over the archives. And lo and behold, I thought some of it wasn't half bad. And I thought some of it may even be good. And then I thought that a lot of it sucked, but that's okay too. I thought that it may be a shame to just delete all that came before.

Plus, I'm lazy, and I would have to reintroduce myself all over again.

So now here we are, some years later. A* and I are happily married, and have been for over a year now. If I could do it all over again, I totally would, but I would take all the money that we spent and elope to Vegas. I could have avoided a whole crapload of problems and stress and sucking money down the drain. But the important thing is that we are married, finally. And a couple months into the marriage, I took the infamous pee on the stick and saw two lines peeking back at me. I was so shocked that I literally fell down the stairs! What followed was an extrememly tough pregnancy, and also tough after he was born, but that is for the next post. What you need to know is that now there is a little Peanut in our family, and he is the most perfect little boy in the whole world. He is now about three and a half months old, and is just the greatest thing that could have ever happened to A* and I. Not to gush, but he is just so smooshy and cuddly and has the most perfect chubby cheeks to kiss and squeeze. We think he is pretty great.

A*, Peanut and I are living in a little two bedroom apartment, and A* is still at his job and I am working part time as a home health aide. So, only two major life events in my absence! I hope that you all will go back over my archives, but forgive some of the writing and some of the drivel that accidentally came out. I'm sure it won't be the last. And yes, I guess now I'll have to be one of those "Mommyblogger" people, but that's okay with me. I hope that the Internet will welcome me back with open arms.

I'm sure opening mine back to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home